Monday, October 03, 2005

Serenity

Okay, so I went and saw the movie last night and it was really good. It stuck with the way the series was, and was pretty much like two episodes or something. Big difference was the CG, they cleaned them up and made them look more realistic. So here are my quotes:

Kaylee: I ain't had nuthin' in my nethers that don't run on batteries!
Mal: Whoa! I don't wanna hear anymore!
Jayne: I wouldn't mind hearin' more *sly grin*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
River: *Said seriously to Simon* Put a bullet in me...
*Said while smiling* Bullet in the brain pan, Squish!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wash: I am like a leaf in the wind, see how I float!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon: The one thing I regret out of all this is not being with you...
Kaylee: You mean to say sex?
Simon: *Nods* I mean to say...
Kaylee: *Elated smile* Fuck this! *Raises gun* I'm gonna live!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mal: You ready to get back to civilization?
Inara: I....I don't know...
Mal: Good answer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
River: *Points at a man trying to secretly pull out his gun*
Zoe: You know the definition of a hero? *Puts her gun against his face* It's someone who gets people killed...look it up sometime.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!!! MOVIE SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT! IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE SERENITY, GET YOUR ASSES OUT TO THE THEATER NOW!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :ob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Now that I got that out of the way, if you have seen the movie, here is my rant. (Reviews and ratings, if you're interested, on RottenTomatoes.com.)
--Why was Book (Shepard) on the planet and not on the ship? I don't recall them dropping him off anywhere in the series, did I miss something? And I was okay with his death. It came as a surprize, and I almost cried, but he wasn't really a major major character.
--WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH KILLING WASH?!?! Oh my god, I cried and cried! I felt so bad for Zoe...and the second in command, gotta keep trucking for the sake of the war like additude just made it worse. If I remember correctly, one of the last major conversations Zoe and Wash had before the end of the series was the possibility of them getting pregnant. Zoe wanted to, Wash didn't. So...are they going to start up the series again, and if they do, are they going to make Zoe pregnant?

13 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

At one point in the series they dropped the shepard off to meditate or something but picked him back up. I think that for the purposes of the movie, they dropped him off because he wanted off the ship to do some good works.

And I personally liked the fact that as soon as Wash died Zoe didn't say, "But I'm pregnant!" That would have ruined it for me. Like it's okay not to mourn someone's death because they managed to precreate shortly before their demise...

12:26 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

Um, I just have to share that in posting this I have to type in "lyckox" for the word verification. I've been wondering how long it would take for it to come up with something perverted.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hahaha!!! Dirty Bird!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

Hey, wasn't me... Your blog did it. And here I figured it would be E's blog that got fresh first...

2:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Woo Hoo!! I got fresh with Lynlee first! Nyah Nyah!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

How dare you get fresh with me without having made out with me first! *smack*

10:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

::Cries:: Awwww....I should have known better...:ob
::pecks you on the cheek, holds your hand, and flirts:: :oD better?

12:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Awww....poor E....too strung out to be a perv and have a good time :o( ::hugs E:: I'll get fresh with you too, haha!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

A little... *sniff*

1:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

::comforts Lynlee:: awww...::runs fingers through your hair:: there, there, I shouldn't have done that. It's okay. ::smiles:: Don't cry..

10:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Woo Hoo!! E's pervy-ness is returning! Hmmm....being in a threesome is hawt, maybe I'll just get fresh with the both of you! Haha! After I make out with you both of course...I don't want to get smacked again, :ob

11:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

((Side note, I had to fix my quotes from Serenity because somehow the actions got erased. They're better now))

11:10 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

E's pervy-ness is back? Uh-oh. Watch out Wichita!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home