Monday, September 19, 2005

CLIN TCH & PRE-INT I: EDUC 3313

That would be the class that I am enrolled in on Monday afternoons. Clinical Teaching and Pre-Internship I and then the course number. I am so lost. It is my first real teaching related course and there is all this talk about portfolios that are important and will be carried on until you graduate and you will need them to get a job in teaching because it is the law...but I'm so confused on the make-up of this said portfolio. I'm hoping by the end of this course, or even better if it's by the middle of the semester, that I will have a better understanding on how this works.

I do have good news about it though. It is the first of three internships that I will have to complete over the span of achieving my Bachelor's Degree (hence the "Pre-Int I" thing in the title). I have been placed already and can even start my interning as of next week if I wanted to! Woot! I got placed in Collinsville at a school named Wilson Elementary School on Wednesdays for eight weeks with a Clinical Faculty member named Beverly Craig. Most likely second grade. I'm nervous, hoping it goes well and crossing my fingers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

YAY! Congratulations and good luck!

I'm sure you will get clarification on the portfolio thing as time progresses but if it gets to be mid-semester I'd definitely correspond with a teacher or advisor just to make sure you're on track.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks ladies! I knew I'd get support from the two of you, hehe. :o) I'll keep you updated on how things progress, and I love you guys!! ::laughs::

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home