Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Little Catch-Up

--Yes, D, I am still alive..but barely. :o) Thank you for asking, it means a lot to me, and I mean that. I have actually been reading the books that I have been so behind on. I am now caught up with Anita. My aunt had all three books, and lent them to me. I read Incubus Dreams, Micah, and Danse Macabre.
-ID was pretty humerous, I found myself laughing more than once.
-Micah was actually kind-of nice, there was only one sexual encounter in the book...granted the book was only a little tid-bit of a few pages, but hey.
-DM was..well...somewhat dissappointing, in my opinion. A LOT of sexual encounters, no police/federal marshall work, the pregnant/not pregnant-lycanthrope/not lycanthrope stuff was just annoying. I kind-of liked the intrigue of the pregnant aspect at first, but then it just got ground into the dirt. Her pulling away from everyone and everything, and nearly killing Damian (yet again for the 100th time), Nathanial, and herself was really...out of sorts, I can't really describe it. Just overall dissappointed.
-I am also now a little more than half-way through the second Gentry, so I'm attempting to catch up with them as well. I'll let you know, hehe.

--My Wedding dress is ready for pick-up, and I'm going to make an appointment to get it sometime this week, hopefully I'll have shoes dyed and pictures to post soon.

--Roger and I are planning a trip to Kansas the 28th through the 31st of October. The 1st through the 3rd or so, we are going camping. We haven't quite decided if it's old fashioned log cabin camping-with only a wood burning stove and nothing else- or good old tent camping. I do believe we are leaning towards tent, because of the location. I'll get pictures if I think about it while we're out.

--Sorry it's been awhile, but I've been working and reading, not much else. When I get in my reading moods/spells I just don't feel like doing anything else, heh. I've also just gone through a major hurt recently, and it really truely upset my heart...so now I'm dealing with that too...anywho, I love you guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Don't forget about Strange Candy. Came out last month. I just bought my copy today, and I've read the first two stories -- the first one IN the bookstore. Hehe. Gonna get it signed this Saturday when I go to her book signing.

::happy gimp dance::

I have an entire hypothesis worked out concerning the Anita books, but I don't want to go into it right now.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

E- It has been 30-40 degrees during the evening hours, but we'll have blankets, a goosedown sleeping bag, each other, and if all else fails a house to run to for warmth. hehe.

Well...in DM she went into something she hadn't thus far....going into detail of sandwich sex, with Anita underneath a man, and a man on top of that man...essentially 'sandwiching' the man in the middle...and I am not homophobic, and actually enjoy reading about two women (because I swing on the bi side), but reading about two men just flat doesn't do it for me....

D- I also need A Stroke of Midnight before Mistral's Kiss comes out. I hadn't heard of Strange Candy, and when I did a search for it, it looks like I'll need Bite as well. I've made a "Books I Want" list for curious ones for Christmas/Birthday. So we'll see what happens.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I think Bite is a collection of vamp shorts from a variety of authors (with Laurell contributing one or two). SC is a collection of shorts done ONLY by Laurell on a variety of topics. The one I read last night had a 33-year-old woman being chased by half a dozen cupids, trying to shoot her with a "true love" arrow. Funny stuff.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home