Friday, August 25, 2006

And I Thought My Sinus Infection Headache Was Bad...

I had no idea that adding an ear infection to a sinus infection would make it just that much worse. Well, at any rate, that is what I have been suffering with all week. It started as a headache on Sunday, and then my ear started hurting and my head just got worse...so I went to the doctor yesterday. I feel worse now than I have all week....all the pressure in my head and sinus cavities, the horrible headache, and the ear pain. It's to the point where I've tried absolutely everything over the counter, and even the stuff the doctor gave me doesn't help with the headache or extreme pressure...It's only on one side, which makes it worse I think. ::sighs:: I inherited allergies and sinus issues from my mother, and I'm so thankful for that ::major sarcasim:: Ugh...been losing a lot of sleep from it too...just can't find anything to make me drowsy enough and kill the pain long enough to sleep a full night. :o(

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

::feel better vibes::

2:16 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thank You, my lady friends...but it is now Wednesday August 30th and I still do not feel better...:o(

I went back to the doctor yesterday, since I had been on antibiotics for a week and was still not feeling better, and now he has me on a steroid, the antibiotic, Mucinex, Claritin, Astelin, and Nasonex. I'm also taking extra vitamin C tablets, and Ginger pills. Let me tell you...I am fully medicated.

OH GOD! the Astelin tastes bad!! It's that nose spray, I'm sure you've seen the dorky Astelin commercial with the "singing" group called The Astelins...I've had that stupid song stuck in my head since he put me on it, heh. ::singing:: "It could be allergies gettin' to you, but irritants can cause your symptoms toooo!" ANYWHO! You have to spray it twice into each nostril twice daily, and it tastes soooo bad, that I gagged and had to run to the bathroom for fear of losing my dinner. From now on, I will snort it with food, so I don't taste the medicine. Not to mention how awful steroids and Mucinix taste.

::sighs:: not sleeping, headaches and earaches are just catching up to me. I'm irritable, cranky and emotional, and Roger has actually been a trooper. He has done a very good job at helping to take care of me, not giving me reasons to be irritable at him, and just been an overall sweety. He's so good to me. ::smiles lightly and swoons::

Anywho, I'm off to do whatever I can do at 6am...::hugs to my sisters, cause what I have isn't contageous:: lol

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home