Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shoes

--We found my wedding shoes!! Yay!! I decided, after much consideration, to go with a closed toe. At first I wanted an open toe, but it is very difficult to find a nice, comfortable, dress shoe that is easy to walk in for me. It's harder for me to walk in heels since I broke my foot.

My mom came to visit me one afternoon because I was really down and depressed and had a break that morning before Roger went to work. Great man that he is, worried so much about me that he wanted to call in from work just so that I wasn't left home alone. I wouldn't let him of course, and my mom saved the day. Our initial plan was lunch then shoe shopping, but she had to work late. So, we went shoe shopping first and Roger met us at the store when he got off of work. We went to a mall in Tulsa, The Promenade, to a store called Exotique. They specialize in Prom and Bridal Shoes and carry all sizes up to 14's! I tried on four pairs. The fourth, saved for last by the attendant, fit perfectly! Exactly what I was looking for. She told me after we bought them, that it was a good thing they fit because that was the only pair left. What are the odds! The exact pair I was looking for, only one left in the store, and just so happened to be in my size! It was meant to be! Best of all, they will dye them for me. All I have to do is get a swatch of my dress color, and they'll match! I'm so excited, if you couldn't tell, lol. I will post pictures when I get them dyed.


After purchasing the shoes, my mom took Roger and I out for dinner at Outback (I was sorely disappointed in the meal, but the cheesecake saved the day), and a movie. We saw The Covenant. It was actually pretty good. It was a last minute decision, and we didn't know what was playing.

--I really really really want to see The Prestige. Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johansson, Magic and the makers of Batman Begins. Just looks really good.

--I haven't been sleeping well, and my schedule is all shot. I'm awake early early mornings and can't sleep during the evenings. I've been up since 1:30am and my brain feels like mush right now. I can't think of what else I wanted to talk about...::shrugs::

7 Comments:

Blogger Rumpled One said...

*laughs* Yay for shoes. I just hope they don't hurt you feet wearing them for most of the day. Myself.. I would have went barefoot. Can you post pictures so I can see?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

"Hollywoodland"

See it. The story is great, and Adrien Brody is about six brands of sexy.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

S- I will, I will! I want to get them dyed first, I said that in the post, silly head. :ob

I actually wore them around the apartment for a few hours just to see, and they are actually surprisingly comfortable. I was going to look into the Dr. Scholls for High Heels for added comfort.

E- Roger and I go when there is something I really want to see. The last time we went was to Pirates II. We are going to go see Grudge II, The Prestige, and Texas Chainsaw: The Beginning for sure. My sister said The Illusionist is really good too (she said she thinks she has a secret crush on Edward Norton, hehehe).

I abhore shoe shopping...I have abnormally sized feet, so it's very difficult to find shoes that not only fit, but fit in the right places, and are comfortable. There is not set size for me, it depends on the shoe. Sometimes I need WW and sometimes I don't. It's just a major pain in the @$$.

D- You think Adrien Brody is sexy? ^.-

1:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Uh, yeah. Don't you??

9:16 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hmmm....ummmm....No, actually, I don't. I've only seen him in The Village, so he wasn't very sexy in that. I have seen many different pictures of him, in different movies, because I looked him up on imdb.com, but I just don't see the sexyness...::shrugs::

1:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

See him in "Hollywoodland." I was surprised that it was the same guy from "The Village."

6:55 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

::poke poke poke::

Is she still breathing? No posts on her blog. No comments on my or E's blogs. Hmmmm . . . .

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home