Friday, May 20, 2005

Way to Ruin a Weekend


This is my handywork..the pictures don't really do it justice, but you get the idea. :o(
Okay, so I worked on Thursday evening, got off kind-of early for a change. I left the parking lot at about 9pm and was making good time to Wichita. I had just called Lynlee to tell her that I was about 10 minutes away from her house and to put in the pizza, and no sooner had I got off of the phone with her, I saw something big in the road on the left lane (the one I was driving in). At 11:20pm on I-35N I tried to avoid the bump in the road (to which I found out later was a deer), fishtailed in my mother's car, going about 70mph (the actual speed limit if you can believe that), and actually wearing my seatbelt. I tried to get control of the car out of the fishtail, but to no avail. I completely lost control of the car and spun into several 360's (I can't be for sure how many, cause I don't remember much after I started to spin, but it was at least two), all I remember thinking was, "this is it. I am going to die," over and over until I hit the center median. I was so scared. I remember gazing out the windshield, looking into oncoming traffic, fumbling for the hazard lights button, and then fumbling for my phone, all the while muttering, "momma," over and over and shaking so badly all over that I couldn't even hold the phone. I went hysterical...and I do mean the craziest form of the word..I heard my mother's voice and just started losing my mind, literally. She kept asking questions but the words wouldn't form coherent thoughts when I tried to answer her, they just came out as screams and sobs. I moved the car from the center lane to the far right side lane, and realized the tire was flat while still on the phone with my mother and now my sister was trying to translate for them. My mother wanted to know what tire and how bad the damage was, so I got out of the car to see. It was the right back tire, and then I turned around the car to see where I'd hit and fell to the ground hysterical again. Long story shorter, someone passing had called 911, a dumb back-water hick cop hasseled me for current insurance when I'm shaking so bad I can hardly hold the papers or the pen he gave me to write the accident report, and just kept on until my mother got pissed off and gave him the info over the phone, the tow-truck driver didn't know his right hand from his left, and I drove the car home after visiting a short while with Lynlee. I was so scared, and probably more so than I ever remember before. I have been really sore, and hurt all over but I believe otherwise I'm okay. Stacey's Birthday was on the 21st..way to ruin a birthday...I feel so stupid. I should have just let Al come and get me, instead of talking my mom into letting me take her car...::cries::

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

I am so glad that you are okay... Don't you ever do that to me again, young lady!

I feel just terrible about it but conversely, I am glad that I got to spend some time with you.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home