Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Talk About Strange..

--Okay, so...I had to close today, during a weekday. I have been doing this job since August, and have never had to close on a weekday before. Turns out, I have to do it again on Wednesday as well...I sure hope he doesn't make a habit of this, because I can't visit the Gym on days I work so late..I am beginning to extremely dislike my manager. We'll see what happens when he is under HIS manager when the store moves to Owasso. Will it be better, or worse? :o/
--So..I also had a blast from my recent past..a guy that I have not spoken to since our Halloween party last year. I met Mike on Personals about the same time I met John (if you've read any of my past posts, you should know who John is). Well, I was seeing John..horrid relationship, summed up on my very first post, and John was jealous of my friendship with Mike. I finally got away and out from under John, and then Mike stopped all contact with me what-so-ever. I was so hurt and confused, because I tried calling and keeping the friendship open, but he just shut me out. Well, this evening I was on my typical WoW run, leaving my Yahoo turned on as usual in case someone wants to talk, when I get the typical *BING* noise I get when I have received an IM. I paused to investigate, and saw a very familiar screenname. First thought to go through my head was, "Why?" He said he had dropped off all contact with most everyone and that he was really sorry. He came out of his shell and paid for personals for a month just to find me again, that he felt like and asshole, and never meant to stop talking to me. I told him that he hurt me by cutting off all associations, and he said he's really really sorry. He still has my number and wants to know if he can call me again. I said yes, because I'm a sucker for repeated chances, and I did like him and would have dated him once I had gotten myself away from John; however, the thought now going through my head is, "If he can just drop everything and go once...can't and won't he do it again?" I extremely value my friendships. I did tell him I had a girlfriend, and showed him the picture on my blog posting. He said she's cute :oD, I agree. hehe.
--I am going to stay with a couple of friends this weekend, then go to an IFGS event on Saturday. It should be fun. Anywho, I need a shower and sleep. I have to work in the morning, heh...

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

Hope the job doesn't make you close too often... That would suck! I missed my Amanda fix last night!

I'll be interested to hear all about Mike... I've dropped off the face of the Earth before to get my shit together so I didn't bother anyone else with it - but it was always with the best of intentions, and not of more than a week or so. Hear him out and if you get a funny feeling about it, drop him.

Hope you have fun this weekend!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Heh, I don't particularly want to close either, but you have to do what you have to do to get by.

I would love to tell you more about him. We shall chat! :o)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

We must!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home