Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Remodeling

So! The last few days have been taken up by a big project. See, my mom bought my husband a new sink for the bathroom as a Christmas gift. Well, part of the gift was paying to have it installed. We also wanted a new toilet and the carpet taken out to be replaced by tile. We figured that since the sink was going to be out, and we would have to do the tile then, and because of that the toilet would have to be taken up, so may as well do it all at once! We had gotten a smidge of money from housewarming, so we put that towards a new toilet. The sink and tile were part of the gift. So! I have pictures, and there are 5 each of before, during and after. On with the show!

I'll do each one in order of before, during and then after. Starting with the view from the hall:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the view from the bathtub:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sink by itself:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The toilet by itself (note the *wide* toilet...I had to get one that would seat my fat rear!):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then the view to the hall:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am *so* happy with the work my uncle did, and I really think that all that work really made a big difference.

Anywho! Hope everyone's had a good week so far!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Your new bathroom looks AMAZING!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yay! Thank you! I was worried about a couple of things, but I think it all came together nicely. I still walk into in and am in awe over how great it turned out.

We just have the one little bit behind the sink to fix up, and it's done. :oD

4:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I was just going to ask if you thought you'd be able to match that green tile to complete the trim behind the sink.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Well...see...that was probably our biggest problem...because that green tile is most likely orginal tile or damn near close to it. Our house was built in '53, so my uncle said there is no way (or very much unlikely) to match that green anymore. So! We were thinking (at least our current thinking) is to look at other colors, and see if we can backsplash that small area somehow. Like a cute pattern with something that has as close to the green as we can get, or maybe make a sort of mosaic with smaller tile, or something like that. *sighs* I just don't know what else to do that would look good.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home