Monday, August 13, 2007

We Think...

we may have found our house.

If we can get it for a little bit cheaper, it looks very nice. It is a 3 Bedroom, 1 1/2 Bathroom, 1 car garage, approximately 1087 Sq. Ft., attic fan, new carpet, freshly painted, good sized bathrooms (even the 1/2 bath was not *tiny*), the closets were decent sized, the water heater was replaced in 2003, the roof in 2004, and the Heat and AC unit in 1999. I took a few pictures, they aren't great quality, but tell me what you think:

The front of the house:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In this one, I was standing in the dining room looking at the front door. When you first walk in, it opens into the living room.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In this one, I was standing in the living room, looking at the dining room. The kitchen in on the right, and there is a door that opens into one of the rooms on the left.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In this one, I was standing in the dining room looking through the back door.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In this one, I was standing in the dining room looking into the kitchen. There was a door leading into the Garage on the left.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was standing in the living room, and was looking into the hallway. The door closest to me is the same room that opens in the dining room (2 doors), the second door is another room (probably a guest room until children come into the picture), and the end room is the main bathroom.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was in the room leading off of the dining room, looking through the hall door, at the master bedroom. There is a half bathroom (just a potty and sink) to the right, inside the master bedroom.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this is the back:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kitchen has a buttload of cabinets. That's something I always looks at when I'm moving somewhere new. Otherwise, I'd just say, think it over carefully and make sure the neighborhood is safe :-P

2:01 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I hate the stupid knobbys in the kitchen, lol, but they're easy to change out. Otherwise I love the kitchen.

We have put a lot of thought (me losing 2 nights sleep over it so far) into all the aspects of going forward. I think it's a good decision, but I flip-flop between nervousness and being excited..does that make sense? We went from looking at close to 20 houses or more, narrowed it down to 7, then 3, and now this one. Just about everything in it is newer(roof, heating and ac unit, water heater, carpet, etc.), but we'd need appliances (fridge, washer, dryer, dishwasher, maybe a garbage disposal..that kind-of stuff).

Trust me, I've put a lot of thought into the neighborhood, and the area. It was one of the important things we looked at while narrowing down from the 20+ list. There is a city cop just around the corner, people take care of their lawns and such, and there is a nice park not too far from there. The school system is a little iffy, but my mom says there are magnet schools to take into consideration as well.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

It seems nice -- looks move-in ready. I like the big kitchen, even the knobs. :-) I envision some work in the back yard (kind blah right now), but the "dining room" seems small. Are you still going to go to the auction for the other one?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I actually agree with everything you said, except the knobbys, lol! We planned on some garden work, maybe building a covered porch around the concrete area, and filling in the grass (kinda sparce right now in some places), and yes the dining room is small...that is actually what I've been thinking about all day. The whole place is move-in ready, but is it too small? *sighs* Buying houses are no easy business...

I want to still go...but we're afraid that if we wait, the one we want will sell under our nose. We had 3 houses do that yesterday. As we went to look at them, they got bids on them.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Rumpled One said...

As far of a house go, you have to look at it a different way. It's a stepping stone, a positive one. Once you own your own home it opens you up to so much. Even if it isn't your dream house it's a great stepping stone for something a bit bigger. If you are worried about the financial, it all works its way out and once everything is said and done it isn't near as scary as you think it is. Especially as the buyer. I was a little nervous when I got my house, but the transition was so seamless. The only thing that's weird on your end is taking the provisional loan. I didn't get that so I wouldn't be trapt in my house for any amount of time and depending on a lot of factors I may end up moving to a newer, bigger house soon. :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

And just because a house got a bid doesn't mean it was accepted. Don't rush yourself. When it's meant to happen, it will. Listen to your gut and the houses. If your gut tells you not to try for a particular house, don't go for it anyway just because your head wants to be in a house RIGHT NOW. Go for the house that feels like home, even if you may wind up moving to something bigger later.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home