Friday, November 18, 2005

New Insurance

I just found out yesterday that I was accepted under Medicaid Medical with Sooner Care Health Plan! It's a state issued insurance that pays for EVERYTHING. I'm talking doctor's visits, eyecare, glasses, dental, perscriptions....everything. The best part...it's state issued, so there is NO co-pay. This means that I can get my $140 per month asthma medicine for free! I am so excited. I go to the Health Department for my birthcontrol pills and my yearly check-ups, and I really get along well with the receptionist there. Her name is Mary, and the last time I went in to pick-up pills she asked if I had my own insurance. I told her no, that I can't afford it. So..she hands me this paperwork to fill out and tells me that she will do what she can. This is what she did for me! Thank you Mary!! I definately owe her a big hug and a Thank You when I see her next. Such a weight off of my shoulders. I have to reapply every 6 months, but I don't see any reason why I won't continue to get it. ::Jumps up and down with excitement:: When my mom told me, I was speechless. Me...speechless...Yea, I know, hard to grasp. ::Grins like a damn fool:: :oD

2 Comments:

Blogger Rumpled One said...

Yay! I wish I could get something like that for myself. I might actually go to the doctor if it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Between Al's student loans and my school.. Yea we don't have much money left.

Glad Mary was able to help you out.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I just found out that it is good for 12 months, not 6, and they will send me the papers to reapply on the 11th month. That was even better news.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home