Thursday, January 08, 2009

Learning New Things

So, it's been some time since my last post and the reason for that being the end of the year is so hectic. Birthdays and holidays, plans for this and that....just leaves us running practically from Thanksgiving on.

Now that that is all out of the way, I can catch up a little. We had a good Christmas, celebrated Eve with Roger's family and then Day with my parents and O and P. We didn't do our Christmas with my family until the following Saturday because M&M were in Texas, and J,S,&M had other family taking the week.

We had lots of good food and company with Roger's family and we made out like bandits. We got clothes, a serving platter, 1 set of sheets with matching comforter, computer games, body washes and lotions, a room diffuser, and money for birthdays.

We exchanged gifts on the 27th and we got hand-me-down dishes from my aunt's hope chest, a Magic Bullet, manly tools, a beautiful necklace and mp3 player from my husband, an awesome necklace set from J&S, money, flash sticks, a roasting pan, a fish net, a silicone pot holder, a new shaver from me, computer game, a Santa, and I finally got my OSU Medical shirt from Miranda.

New Year's was mostly calm. We had only a couple of extra people at my parent's house than we do every Saturday. We played a few cards, drank a little, rang in 2009 and went home.

Slowly but surely, life seems to be returning to a somewhat normal pace...well, for the most part. I was sitting at the laptop in our recliner doing normal computer stuff, and Bella was being particularly aggravating that afternoon. She was driving me and Roger absolutly nuts. Then I kept feeling fuzzy on my foot, and I'd boot it away and go about my business. After a few times of this Roger comes in from the back of the house and shrieks, "Oh Hell!" or something to that extent. I look up at him and ask him what's the problem. He looks at me and says, "Mouse!" I do a little stomach flip and look down. Not even a foot away from my feet, Bella is proudly displaying her catch. I think she was putting it on my feet and saying, "Here Mommy! I caught this just for you!" and when I kept booting it away, she'd get more aggravating. So, needless to say, we discovered we have a little mouser, and she was way proud of herself.

Other than that, and being sick, the New Year has started pretty uneventfully.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I read somewhere that when a cat brings you dead things, they're trying to teach you how to hunt like they would their kittens. Essentially, they think you're their kitten, and they're bringing you dead things to get you interested in hunting on your own.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hmm...so I guess I'd better start earning my way, then huh? ::grins:: She did go into heat not too long ago, so I suppose that makes sense. She adopted me as hers, and is trying to release me, hehe.

I love it, that made me giggle.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home