Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Okay

So, now that I'm finished holding my breath and stressing myself out, I have an update to make.

After deciding on *our* house, we got a little scare the next day on August 16th. It went a little something like this:
We had a whirlwind of a day.. I went through most of the day not thinking anything about the house, actually. Then Roger got home, and told me that my phone wasn't working...again...so I got it working (this has been happening more frequently since AT&T took over Cingular *sighs* where I can't dial out, or receive calls either..) and I had 3 messages. One from Roger trying to call, and two from the realtor. The house (our house dammit!) had already gotten a bid on it! I went into panic mode and told him I'd call him back. I tried my mom's phone three or four times, the house phone, and even Miranda's cell. When I *finally* got my mom on the phone (she was in the shower), and told her the situation (we were *still* not pre-qualified), she told me to call Bruce, and put in a good faith offer, and if he wouldn't do it, she'd call another realtor that would.

She then went up to F&M herself to throw a stink (all the good it did us). Anywho, I told Bruce that we would put down twice the Earnest money ($1,000 instead of $500), just to make a bid if we had to, since we didn't have our pre-qualification letter. He finally agreed (I think the extra earnest money got him going), and made sure the seller would hold off her acceptance of the other offer until we could get ours in. She agreed. We went full asking price.

So! We had to rush to his office in Broken Arrow and sign all the required paperwork in five copies, and then wait to see what the seller said. We went to dinner, and when we got home we got to talking, and didn't hear the phone until my mom called. I missed the call, but noticed I had missed calls, Bruce calling. She had accepted our offer!!!! Great news! One more step closer....except... We still had yet to hear from Kyle, that one little "yes" is all we were waiting for.

The story continues on August 19th:
Kyle called that day, around 9:00 a.m. to tell me that we still hadn't gotten the final go ahead, but, "everything looks in order, and everything that they've checked out so far checks out clean. Your debt-ratio is great, not much debt. Your credit (Roger's credit) is good, just not enough of it. I can't give you a definite, but...between you, me, and the fence post, you'll get a yes." Don't worry, right? I still did..because we could have still lost the house, by not being accepted.

I felt like I had crawled up to the top of a tall hill, stumbled, fell head over heels all the way back down, and at that moment, I was dazed and confused and not quite sure what happened our how I got where I landed with a sore, spinning head and a sore bum.

So! We waited with our collective breaths held all weekend, trying to take a break from it all and not think about it. Monday, August 20th, came and went with not a word. Bruce did call, to tell me to go ahead with scheduling the inspections and checking out insurance. He said that it would be much easier to cancel an appointment than to make one. I told him that I'd get on it tomorrow.

That brings me up to speed, I believe. I am trying to fight a sinus infection (grass and mold gets me every time), and haven't been feeling well. Been fighting the pressure and headache that doesn't desist all weekend, and then started with a raw, sore throat. So, I called Kyle yet again Tuesday morning at around 9 a.m. and left a message, took some meds, slept a little, and then early Tuesday evening, around 3 or 4 p.m., I stared calling some people. I booked an Inspection, seemed like a really nice guy with the best rates, for Friday (ended up being the easiest thing I've had to do for this house thus far!). Then started calling insurance. I hit a snag, and will have to finish that up later today (which is Wednesday). I still hadn't heard from Kyle, so I decided to call Bruce to let him know about the inspection appointment. He is the one that tells me we got qualified!! Said it took so long because they weren't sure we were going to get the bond money, but we ended up qualifying for all of it!! The loan and the bond money!! Oh..My...Gawd!!!!!!! It's our house!!!!!!! EEEEEEeeeeEEeeKKKKkkkkkkkKKKKkkkkkKKK!!!!
Kyle met up with us at around 8 p.m. and finished up our paperwork!! The end of the tunnel is *finally* in sight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Delphian Raven said...

And congrats on the house, dear!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yay! :-D

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home