Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Few Thoughts

I watched a show yesterday that was talking to Lesbians and girls who consider themselves straight, but will have fun by kissing other girls. I had a few thoughts about the one mom that was on there giving her daughter major hassle for dating and loving another female. She'd pushed a separation on them, and tried to keep them apart. She also forced her to go to therapy, and other such nonsense.

I consider myself Bi, for those that didn't know. I've kissed a girl, and dated a different girl, but never had sexual relations (beyond those online), with a girl. There are many things about the female body that are beautiful and attractive to me. I was attracted to females just as equally as I was attracted to males by the time I hit 5th grade. I can even remember my first female attraction's name, Kat, as well as the male's, William. I tried to tell my mom once, and she did the same reaction as that mom, "It's just a phase, it will pass." Well, it didn't. I am still very attracted to both sexes, just lucky for her I married a man and am very happy with him.

I felt very sorry for that girl...I guess because I partially know how she felt. My mom was my best friend in a lot of ways. I love her and trust her with my life, but that was one thing that I could never, and still can't, fully speak with her about, because she shut me out at the first mention of being attracted to the same sex. She pushed it off as "a phase" and influences, because I had a bi friend at the time I tried to talk to her about it (which also married a man, has a kid, and is very happy with him too). I even had a brief moment of panic, when I saw that my mom took my second quiz! How silly is that? I'm 25 years old and happily married, and I worried about her knowing I kissed a girl and dated a different one.

I guess the few main things that I have to say about it is:
  • Always be yourself, despite what others think of you. If you try to suppress it, you will just end up being that much more unhappy with yourself (and I don't just mean sexual preferences here! I'm talking about friend choices, being assertive and speaking up for yourself, any decisions you have for your own life, etc.).
  • The harder you try to "fit in" the less you will. People can usually tell when you're trying too hard.
  • There is enough hate in the world, what difference does it make on the sex of the person you love? If you love someone, their sex, appearance, the way they dress, financial situation, or what ever should *not* effect how you feel about them. Don't let anyone tell you differently!

Okay, now that I'm off my soapbox, I wanted to mention a few more pics posted for the wedding. http://www.amandafetterhoff.blogspot.com

And thank-you E! I like that one too ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home