Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Little Wedding Update

Okay! So..I *finally* got the invitations finished, and mailed out! Yay! Everyone should be getting theirs very soon, if not, **please let me know!!**

Roger and I also went to a cake tasteing on Sunday. It was so much fun! The decorator, Jennifer, is so very nice, and also very artistically inclined. We decided on the design, flavors and fillings, and the Groom's cake. It's going to look soooo pretty! She is doing *everything*, the baking, the icing, the delivery and set-up..and it came up to around $335. That was for three 6-inch cakes, one 10-inch cake, one 12-inch cake, and the Groom's cake: All 6 filled and decorated. Wal-mart's would have been about $200, but they wouldn't have been filled, and we would have had to pick it up, deliver it, set it up..and my mom did all of that for my sister, Jennifer's, wedding and it was a major pain in the arse! So, the extra $ will pay for the set-up and delivery. Overall, good price. I'll try to get a sketch of our choice posted on here.

My bad dreams have been going on, and I think I'm starting to get sick..runny nose, cough, sneezing, headache, scratchy throat...ugh...I've been sleeping *a lot* the last two days...

There are some more arctic winds, and possible snow/sleet showers headed this way again...I really hope this arctic stuff gets out of the system before our wedding...I LOVE snow, but I really don't want snow at our OUTDOOR wedding....I fear the attendance would be scarce...

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

An outdoor wedding in the Midwest in March?!?! You're nuts! *grin, hug* I'll send up a request for warm, dry, not-too-windy weather.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Rumpled One said...

The weather will cooperate! I'll ask it to nicely! *giggles* Don't stress Mandy dear. I'll be there to help soon.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Well, the farmer's almanac said mid 60's with a slight chance of rain...but how accurate has *that* been thus far?

I'm *really* glad we didn't have the wedding when Roger wanted it...December 2nd...Ummm...anyone recall the 13+ inches on the ground?

Maybe if I have everyone asking nicely for semi-warm-not-too-hot weather for early March, maybe it'll happen...::crosses fingers::

10:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

E- I *am* using the Cold Remedy Zicam stuff, and it's been pretty effective at battling off whatever tries to start. I felt bad that one day, used that stuff, and whatever symptoms I had pretty much went away.

I've been drinking lots of water and we've been running the humidifier non-stop as well.

However, in the past, I haven't gotten any extra benefits from Vitamin C. I'm sickly, and get sick very often. I'm the kind of person that can catch bugs off of people I've never met or even come into contact with. But because someone that I *do* come into contact with was around the sick person, but never gets sick themselves, will get me sick. Does that make sense? Anywho! People always tell me to take C, so I bought pills and OJ and dosed myself, and it didn't help..I don't know why, I guess I'm the sickie odd ball.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Got the invitation the other day. Thanks! They're lovely, and it's obvious a lot of work went into them.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My biology professor participated in research for Vitamin C and they found it is actually not an immune boost like the companies want you to believe. Calcium is supposed to be more helpful, which makes sense with everything I know.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Leave it to Dr. Miranda! ::laughs::

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home