Friday, August 05, 2005

Over Again...

--I have good news and bad. Good news is: Workman's Comp made me see the doctor for a follow up appointment, to make sure everything's healing okay and such. Well..it is healing. He said there is obviously new bone there; however, the bad news is: I have to wear the boot and ace for another 3 weeks...::cry:: Originally I was supposed to wear them for a total of 4 weeks, and it changed to 6. He said that it's healing very slowly and if I'm to return to work, I can only stand for 2 hours and then I have to stay off of it for 30 minutes. I'm supposed to hear back from my manager in the morning to see if he can accommodate a schedule like that. If not, I'm off work for another 3 weeks...Oh Joy. Only good thing about that is that I might get paid at least 70% of my wages from WC. So about $95 a week...it's better than nothing, and sure as the hell better than only 2 hours a day = about $12 which approximates to be about $65 a week.

--My sister, Miranda, has a boyfriend now. He seems really nice. I'm really happy for her. She really likes him, and he really likes her. You know..it's been over 2 years (Feb will be 3), since I had a serious boyfriend. She is single for not even a year and can rake them in like leaves in Fall. She met him off of Yahoo personals, she paid for the services for a month, and met him in less than two days. They have been dating for about a week now. She decided to replace her profile with mine, since she paid already and doesn't want it to go to waste. She said, "If I can find someone in less than 2 days, then chances are good for you too." I said, "You have a lot more going for you. You are more attractive." She looked at me funny and ignored me. My profile has been active for about 2 weeks now, I've sent out interests in other profiles, and not a single return. She is so lucky, I wish she realized how lucky she really is. She constantly thinks she's fat and not pretty. She takes it for granted...
Just to prove my point:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Don't get me wrong. I don't think I'm ugly. I think I have a sexy demeanor and an attractive personality. Why else would I keep raking in the ones who just want sex? :oP I've come to grips with how I turned out and I was trying to work on it, until I broke my foot. It's just that most people are not interested in a heavily "voluptious" (as my profile says) woman. Not for anything long term.

6 Comments:

Blogger E. Spificus said...

Poor Amanda. There are a lot of guys out there that want to be able to hug their girlfriends without being afraid bones will snap. But they're generally the quieter ones so you have to hit on THEM.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Haha! Yea, the tall skinny ones. Unfortunately I don't get out much. I don't have friends in the area and I have a broken foot that limits my abilities to do anything on my own. :o)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

You are a beautiful woman and there is someone out there who will appreciate you for the goddess you are. Sometimes we just have to wait a while. I'll sit on the "single couch" with you. We can eat ice cream and giggle at all the akward girls who have no lips, hips, or tits.

10:28 PM  
Blogger E. Spificus said...

Hey....I don't have any tits, dammit :-P

5:41 PM  
Blogger Lynlee said...

*commences giggling at E*

3:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

::starts to giggle with Lynlee:: Sorry E, with me having g-cups, you're not missing anything! :ob

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home