Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shots

My mom talked me into getting the flu and pneumonia shots because I'm sick all the time and I have asthma...I have never, in my life, felt so much pain in a muscle before. The flu shot went over fine, burned a little going in and the muscle ached for a little while after. The pneumonia shot didn't hurt going in, didn't have any after affects, and I thought that was it...oh no...I woke up this morning in tears because I tried to turn over in my sleep and rolled over onto my left arm and excruciating pain shot up and down my arm. My arm muscle is locked up and is very painful from my neck down, and any little movements put me in tears again...

Now...I've never had either shot, but is this a normal reaction?

It's a damn good thing that shot is good for 10 years, because there is no way in hell I'd put myself through this every year...

Oh, and btw:
Your 2005 Song Is

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day


"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating"


In 2005, you bummed everyone out. Like you care.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

That pretty much sounds like what happened to me when I had my pneumonia shot a couple of months ago. My agony lasted about three or four days. Just wanted to chop my arm off at the neck.

And I was told the shot only lasted five years.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yea..that is about how I feel atm. I got it Wednesday evening and I'm in so much pain today that I wanted to, and still want to, chop my arm off.

I specifically asked her before she stuck me with it, how long it is good for, and she told me 10 years. My mom said hers was good for 7. So I guess it depends on what dosage you get. ::shrugs::

6:54 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I got the PneumoVax, and I could SWEAR my pulmonologist said five years. ::shrug:: Guess I'll have to ask.

I don't think it's so much the dosage as what the vaccine is made of.

And now I'll take off my scientist suit. ::grin::

9:10 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

::laughs:: Ms. scientist. :o)

No, it's cool. All I know is what that nurse told me, but it's highly possible that she was wrong too. ::shrugs::

And now I'm running a 99.8-100 degree fever, with horrid headaches, body aches, on top of wanting to dismember myself...ode to joy...:o(

9:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Yea...I had to. My mom was hounding me and hounding me and just wouldn't leave me alone until I got them both. I had pneumonia as a little girl and got really really sick, so it scares her. Plus I have asthma, so every time I get just a little cold it tries to settle in my chest and gets worse to where I just can't kick it. Plus she paid for them, so I just couldn't argue anymore. ::shrugs::

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

I found out the discrepancy in our pneumonia vaccinations. Mom (who's an LPN) said that people who are considered "at risk" -- like a certain someone I know with restrictive lung disease due to her SMA -- are recommended to get the shot every five years versus more healthy individuals who are recommended to get it about every ten years. Maybe because you have asthma is why yours is renewable before your mom's.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Dawn Allenbach said...

Whoops! Had you and your mom backwards.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home